Monday, March 28, 2011

Let me help you change from being reactive to being proactive!

I have been in IT for a long time, specifically working with Domino since version 4 in one capacity or another. I have been in Helpdesk, Operations, Administration, and even Management so I've seen it from all angles. One of the things that I consistently hear from customers or potential clients, and have seen myself over the years, is that a Domino Admin doesn't have the time to be proactive, it is primarily a reactive job. To have the time to actually stop and take a look at the health of your environment is something that the majority of the hard working Domino Admins out there just do not have the time to do. It's not that they don't want to, it's that they just don't have the time. They spend their time fighting fires, running from one project meeting to another, creating a report for management, or fighting the tickets that are assigned to them by the Helpdesk. They are doing more with less, an Admin leaves the team and management decides not to replace him/her or they have went from 50 servers to 100 servers in 2 years with no increase in support. On top of dealing with server outages, disk space issues, OS issues, other teams performing changes without adding the Domino Admins to the change record, they have to deal with the Helpdesk as well. The users keep changing their settings and if the Notes client doesn't act exactly the way that it did yesterday that Helpdesk phone is going to ring and a ticket is going to be assigned to the Admin.

At Cooperteam we have Desktop Manager that can help you control the configuration of your end users' Notes client. On top of that we have pre-defined roles that you can assign to your Helpdesk that will allow them to perform functions based on the trust level you have in them. I can help you create a standard configuration, perform tasks with no user interaction whatsoever, and help you accomplish things quickly and efficiently without creating a project plan. I know, I know, this all sounds great but that still doesn't solve the problem of getting you the time to install and test the software. This is where Cooperteam and the team I work with comes into play. If you can get us an hour on your Managers calendar I can get you the time you need to test the software, improve your workload, and free up some time for you to do all of those proactive things you dream about doing. If your Manager is worried about Return on Investment that isn't a problem, we have that covered and can show what value Desktop Manager can add.

If you want some reading material on Desktop Manager or the other products that Cooperteam has in it's portfolio send me an email at dan.huey@cooperteam.com. If you'd like a 30 minute power demo I can do that as well, if you only have 15 minutes give me a call and we can do a demo on the fly. If you don't want to beat around the bush and want a quote send an email to the North American Sales Manager, jay.sullivan@cooperteam.com and he'll get back to you within a day.

The long and short of it is that I have been where you are, I know the frustrations, I know that you don't want to deal with the politics, let us do that for you. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment